Classic Chili – For Slow Cooker
Classic Chili - For Slow Cooker
Servings 6 servings
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 ½ T chili powder
- 2 T ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 T sugar
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1 T garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- 1 - 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 - 16 oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 - 8 oz can tomato sauce
- This recipe is for use in your slow cooker. I like the versatility of the Instant Pot and Pampered Chef Quick Cooker. Set the pot to Sear or Sauté.
- Add olive oil and heat for two minutes. Add onion. Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add ground beef to the pot. Break it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for 6-7 minutes, until the beef is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the cooker off. Add the chili powder, cumin, sugar, tomato paste, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Stir until well combined.
- Add the broth, diced tomatoes (with their juices), drained beans and tomato sauce. Stir well.
- Set your cooker to Slow Cook for 8 hours.
- Let the chili rest for 5 minutes before serving. If you want a thicker chili, make a slurry of flour and water to add.