Stewed Berries with Ice Cream
Stewed Berries and Ice Cream
Credit Ina Garten
This is a dessert sure to impress your guests, and so easy, too!
- 3 half-pints fresh raspberries divided
- 2 half-pints fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 2 T Frambois Raspberry Brandy (optional, but kicks it up a notch)
- 2 Pints good vanilla ice cream
- Mint leaves
- Combine 2 half-pints of raspberries, all the blueberries, sugar, ¾ cup water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and cook uncovered over medium-low heat for 10- 12 minutes. The juice will become syrup and the berries will be slightly cooked. Off the heat, stir in the remaining half-pint of raspberries and the framboise, if desired. Set aside until warmed through.
- To serve, I like to use clear glass dessert dishes for this to show off the colors.
- Pour about ¾ Cup berry sauce in the bottom of the bowl, add a scoop of ice cream, then a touch more sauce on top of ice cream. Add a mint leaf to the bowl for your garnish. I call those earrings.